Friday, January 7, 2011

Interview with... Francois Chau

Now for a real treat.
Growing up I was enthralled by the cartoon show Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Of course once the first movie came out I was well and truly hooked.
I saw the second film with much enthusiasm.

About as much enthusiasm as when I interviewed my next celebrity. Francois Chau.

Appearing in films such as Rescue Dawn, Lethal Weapon 4, and Beverly Hills Ninja, Francois Chau also played the role of The Shredder in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret Of The Ooze.

So needless to say it was hard to hide my excitement in the following interview.



1. What is it like being part of some of TV and films biggest hits?

I always feel very lucky to be working on any project, as most actors will tell you. To be a part of a project that is popular, and is a "hit" is like winning the lottery. You never know when or if it's ever going to happen, but when it does, you just have to consider yourself extremely fortunate, and hang on for the ride. You also can't take it too seriously, because you know that sooner or later, the ride is going to end.

2. Which do you prefer, comedy or drama?

I prefer comedy, but I rarely get the chance to do it on film and tv. I guess I am usually typecast as the bad guy, which is fine with me.



3. Please tell us about your preparation work for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.

My prep work for TMNT 2 consisted of reading all the graphic novels, and watching the first movie. my friend James Saito played "Shredder" in the first movie, and I wanted to keep it as consistent as I could with what they did in the first one.

4. Were you a fan of the comic prior to signing on for the sequel?

I am a big fan of comics in general so I was very familiar with TMNT.

5. The character is known the world over, so what was it like to bring Shredder to the big screen?

All I can say is it was a lot of fun playing "The Shredder". Doing that kind of over the top character is always a blast.



6. Have you done any convention work?

I have not done any conventions involving "Shredder" and TMNT. I have done one for "Lost", and that was great. The fans were incredibly nice, and of course, none of this would mean anything without the fans.

7. What’s coming up next?

There is nothing in particular coming up right now. I have been guest-starring on some different tv shows and keeping busy.




I want to thank Francois for his time during this interview.
I hope everyone enjoyed reading it. I was pumped to be able to bring it to you.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment