Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Interview with... Adrienne Wilkinson

Interviewing smart, sexy, funny actresses; that's the life for me!

Adrienne Wilkinson has appeared on Xena: Warrior Princess, ER, Angel, and Days Of Our Lives. So of course I was thrilled to bits when she agreed to be interviewed.
Here you are; enjoy! :)

Photo 1. *

1. What was it like on the set of Xena: Warrior Princess?

Adventurous, magical, funny, exhausting, surprising, daunting, etc. It's hard to encapsulate the experience in a quick answer, but I can say it was one of my very favorite acting experiences. I worked with wonderful people-- fantastic actors and crew to work with, but they were also really great people to know. The stunts were always challenging, the scripts unexpected and everyday was a new adventure. I loved it.

Photo 2. *

2. You’ve done numerous Star Wars video games. What attracts you to the characters?

Maris Brood is my most well known Star Wars character and she is delicious! She has this great story of growing up in a complicated situation and just trying to survive. She is smart and strong and her life has been difficult. She is a Jedi who was finally pushed to the brink of sanity and that allowed the dark side to creep in.
I have additional Star Wars characters that people will have to keep an eye out for in the future.

Photo 3. *

3. What preparation work did you go for the voice of Daphne in the Scooby-Doo video game?

In that game I was the voice match for Sarah Michelle Gellar who had just filmed the Scooby-Doo movie, so my job was to match her voice as exactly as possible. It turns out that our voices are already somewhat similar and I just worked from there to capture both the character of Daphne, but also the specifics of Sarah's delivery.

4. What can you tell us about your work in dance?

I grew up as a dancer. I believe I was first put into classes when I was 2 years old. I studied dance and gymnastic and performed with various groups through my teen years. I dabbled a bit in everything from tap and jazz to lyrical and even Highland dance. I do hope to incorporate those skills into my acting work one day. I'm currently helping to produce a short film that is centered around the life of a dancer who suffered a stroke and tries to recover her dance ability after that. We are only in the early stages at this point, but check back with my website and I will post updates once we get the project underway.



5. People have a fear of public speaking but it’s something you’ve really taken a shine to. Do you have any suggestions for people to overcome this fear?

I'm lucky in that most of my public speaking revolves around my work as an actress and as such, I'm usually speaking in front of fans of the projects I've done, which means the stories I can tell are exactly the ones they want to hear. And no, I don't usually get nervous because that doesn't help the situation. If you are comfortable and having a good time onstage then so will the audience.

6. You’ve received many nominations and awards. I just want to congratulate you on this. It must be a great feeling.

Reflections was a film I completed a couple of years ago, and I am thrilled at the response it received at film festivals. It has received awards at nearly every festival it has appeared in. Of course all of us involved with the film, loved the material, but it's wonderful to see the public and the festival judges reacting to it so positively, as well!

7. Do you have any event or charity you wish to bring to my readers’ attention?

I work with several charities and support several causes. If you visit http://www.adriennewilkinson.com/, I have a charity page with several links to organizations I recommend. Additionally, I have an annual charity auction run through my website that supports families dealing with medical expenses. Each year we choose a new family and I auction off tons of memorabilia and other items associated with projects I and my friends have been involved with (autographed photos, scripts, wardrobe, props, jewelry, collectibles, etc). The auction usually runs in November-- just check my website for updates. I also have a 'SHOP' page on my website that offers photos and other items for sale year round. All proceeds go to charity. For more information on my current and future projects, fans can visit:

http://www.imdb.me/adriennewilkinson
http://www.adriennewilkinson.com/
www.facebook.com/adrienne.wilkinson



I highly recommend my readers check out the following


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPbxjqroPVc

I thank Adrienne for all her time and patience with this interview. I'm just very happy to be able to bring it to you guys finally.
I hope you enjoyed it.
What did you think of this interview? Please comment, or email me directly at mgbouw@yahoo.com.au
Until next time.

Please note the * credits for these photos as follows;
Photo 1 was taken by Isaac Matthew White
Photo 2 is from 8 Days A Week LA
Photo 3 was taken by Scott Bradley of http://www.pulsestudios/

Straight 2 DVD thanks the photographers for these references.

No comments:

Post a Comment