Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Interview with... Seregon O'Dassey

Seregon has been in the movie business for 15 years now, and I can just tell she has the makings for a superstar.
Seregon O'Dassey has done movies, TV, a documentary about her career to date, as well as falling (or tumbling) into the art of stunt work!



So it gives me great pleasure to bring to you, my interview with the lovely Seregon O'Dassey.

1. What can you tell us about, “Are we there yet?”

Actually, it's listed incorrectly on IMDB. It's a TV show by Tyler Perry based on his film of the same name. I was only on one episode, as a bartender.

2. How did you become a stunt performer?

Well, doing independent films means that sometimes a person has to wear more than one hat. I personally have a background in sword fighting and fencing, so when I was cast for Cleric, I immediately started training for the role.

3. How do you prepare for each role you take on?

After I've read the script and highlighted my lines, I try to come up with a background for that character. Where is she from? What is the history between her and the other characters. It also depends on the role. If it is physical role, I hit the gym and start practicing my sword fighting moves and/or martial arts moves. If there's an emotional scene, I put myself in the same mental state as the character. I listen to sad music or think of something that makes me sad if I have to cry. Yes, I do a lot of method acting ;)



4. Which do you prefer, TV or film?

I prefer film, as it allows me more time and "wiggle room" to create a character, but I do like the challenge of theatre. It keeps me sharp and it's where I learned to memorize lines fast. The sign of a good film actor is whether or not he/she can do theatre.

5. What’s coming up next for you?

I've just been cast in two new features. "Love Heist" is a dramedy and "Gunner's Rift" is a drama/mob type film. I am the lead in both. Recently I've been on episodes of One Life to Live and As the World Turns, and I was featured on the show "No Reservations" with Anthony Bourdain.




I sincerely thank Seregon for her time with conducting this interview. I hope she likes the way this blog has turned out.


It has been an honour being in correspondence with her. She truly is a gem, folks.
I wish her all the very best.

What did you think of this interview? Please comment, or email me directly at mgbouw@yahoo.com.au

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment