Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Interview with... Linda Purl

From Happy Days to Murder She Wrote, Matlock, The Love Boat, all the way to The Office, it is my great pleasure to bring to you my interview with Linda Purl.



1. You’ve appeared on some big TV shows over the years. What was that like?

A GOOD DEAL OF FUN. WONDERFUL PEOPLE, IT AFFORDED ME TRAVEL AND A LIVELIHOOD FOR WHICH I AM MOST GRATEFUL

2. The Happy Days was such an assemble cast, and certainly appeared to be very close-knit. What was it like on the set?

VERY REFLECTIVE OF THE SHOW ITSELF. THERE WAS AN INNOCENCE AND CAMARADERIE THAT MADE IT A DELIGHT TO GO TO WORK. THOSE BONDS EXIST TO THIS DAY.

3. Matlock, and Murder She Wrote are such a departure from Happy Days, and The Love Boat. Which do you prefer, drama or comedy?

THEY ARE RELATED IN MY MIND SO HARD TO SAY. WHAT INTRIGUES ME ARE STORIES BE TEY DRAMATIC OR FUNNY THAT CAN ENTERTAIN AND HOPEFULLY ILLUMINATE.

4. The Office is different to Happy Days in that there was an audience for Happy Days. What pressure does this put on you as an actress?

NEVER THOUGHT OF IT LIKE THAT. REALLY DONT FEEL THE PRESSURE. I JUST TURN UP AND DO THE BEST I CAN.

5. What pressure does a comedy like The Office, without an audience, put on an actress such as yourself?

THERE IS AN AUDIENCE AND ITS THE CREW. THEY’VE SEEN MORE ACTING THAT MOST SAVVY THEATRE GOING AUDIENCES. THEY ARE SMART AND SUPPORTIVE SO ALOT OF FUN TO PERFORM WITH THEIR EYES ON YOU.

6. Do you prefer audience-based, or closed set productions?

THEY ARE SO DIFFERENT..I GUESS I LIKE THEM BOTH

7. Do you have any fun experiences to share with us about Mighty Joe Young?

THE MECHANICAL APES WERE AMAZING TO WATCH. THE SKILL, TECHNIQUE AND TEAM EFFORT OF MAKING THEM WORK WAS INCREDIBLE.

8. What’s coming up next for you?

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, CRIMINAL MINDS AND THE 2010 SEASON OF THE CALIFORNIA INTERNATIONAL THEATRE FESTIVAL http://www.citfestival.org/



There you go.

I hope you enjoyed.
Please join me in thanking Linda for her time.


I wish her all the very best.
What did you think of this interview? Please comment, or email me directly at mgbouw@yahoo.com.au
Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. What a photo.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved Linda PurL in everything, her looks, her acting, her persona, her actions on and off stage. Thank you Linda.

    ReplyDelete